DON’T FORGET ABOUT THE WEATHER WHEN YOU MAKE YOUR TRAVEL PLANS
The charter travel season has begun, and the Ottawa International Airport is getting busier. The weather forecasts are also changing and now include elements like snow and freezing rain, so it is important to plan your travel accordingly. There are several ways that you can inform yourself and plan:
- Check the Ottawa International Airport’s website at www.ottawa-airport.ca for any changes in flight schedules;
- Check with your airline, since they will have the most up-to-date information concerning their particular flights;
- Listen to the traffic reports in case there may be a problem with your route to the airport;
- Give yourself the necessary extra travel time to the airport;
- Make sure that you pack your carry-on luggage carefully – don’t pack any prohibited items that will slow you down at security;
- If you’re unsure about what not to pack, visit www.catsa-acsta.gc.ca for packing tips; and
- Have a safe and pleasant trip.
OMCIAA operates Ottawa International Airport without government subsidies under a 60-year lease transfer agreement with Transport Canada. The OMCIAA’s mandate is to manage, operate and develop airport facilities and lands in support of the economic growth of the National Capital Region. Its new state-of-the-art passenger terminal building opened for business on October 12, 2003.
Ottawa Airport Authority