Holiday Wishes and Travel Tips from the Ottawa International Airport Authority
The Ottawa International Airport Authority is ready for the holiday travel peak and has a few tips that should make the holiday travel experience more pleasant for everyone.
- Verify flight information with your carrier; if your flight is delayed or cancelled, plan accordingly;
- Although we’ve been experiencing warmer than normal temperatures and have had little snow, the situation may change. In the event of a severe weather event, plan more travel time to get to the airport and drive carefully;
- Give yourself extra time to get through the airport. With more departing passengers per day than usual, it may take a little longer to get checked-in and through pre-board screening;
- Before you pack your bags, make sure you know what is and is not allowed in your carry-on luggage – for more information visit www.catsa-acsta.gc.ca for travel preparation information;
- If you are travelling with gifts, do not wrap them in advance – they could be unwrapped for inspection;
- Be prepared – make sure you have all necessary travel documentation before you leave for the airport;
- The airport retailers have everything you need for those last minute gifts or you can enjoy one of the many food and beverage outlets; and
- Pack your patience – the holidays can be stressful, but your holiday travel needn’t be. Bring a good book or magazine, some games for the kids or enjoy free WiFi courtesy of the Airport Authority.
From our home to yours, we send the best wishes of the season and for the New Year.
OMCIAA operates Ottawa International Airport without government subsidies under a 60-year lease transfer agreement with Transport Canada. The OMCIAA’s mandate is to manage, operate and develop airport facilities and lands in support of the economic growth of the National Capital Region.