Applying for Funding
To apply for funding from Project Clear Skies, a representative from a registered charitable organization must fill out an application form and forward it to:
Project Clear Skies
ATTN: Evaluation Committee
Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport Authority
1000 Airport Parkway Private, suite 2500
Ottawa, ON K1V 9B4
The application can also be sent by fax to 613-248-2012 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications cannot be made in person.
To download an application form, please click here. To have an application and information brochure mailed to you by regular mail, call 613-248-2090 and leave your name, telephone number and address (note that calls will not be returned) or send a request to email@example.com.
Funding proposals are considered once per year. The deadline for submissions is May 15th of each year.
Following the application deadline, applications are forwarded to the Project Clear Skies Evaluation Committee for review. Following this and should it be necessary, applicants may be contacted for further information. Applicants may also be asked to make a presentation to the committee.
Applications will then be assessed and decisions rendered. All applicants will then be informed of the final results of the evaluation.
Should your application be approved, you will have to provide proof of the intent to purchase before a cheque is issued. This proof may come in the form of a receipt or a letter of intent from the supplier. Other proof of intent to purchase will be accepted at the sole discretion of the Evaluation Committee.
Should your Project be Funded
Should your request for funds be approved, you will be required to sign a letter in which you certify the following:
- that your financial need continues to exist;
- that alternative funding has not been pledged or received;
- that funds received will be used only for the purpose(s) indicated on your application and for which the funds were approved;
- that receipts will be submitted within 3 months of receving the funding; and
- that funds received will be spent for the stated purpose(s) within 90 days of receiving the funding.
You will be asked, as well, to certify your understanding of the following:
- that the Ottawa International Airport Authority reserves the right to request receipts and/or audit the expenditures; and
- that the Ottawa International Airport Authority reserves the right to publicize the gift as it sees fit.
For further information, consult a list of frequently asked questions.
Deadline for Proposals
Funding proposals are considered once a year, with an annual application deadline of May 15th.
The next deadline for proposals is May 15th, 2014.